We prepared 3 delicious mug cake recipes for you to enjoy. Before you start, it’s important to make sure that you have a mug that is safe to put in the microwave. If you’re unsure whether or not your specific mug is microwave safe, there’s a chance that the underside of your mug will have the answer. Besides the mug, you only need to make sure that you have a tablespoon and a functioning microwave. Simple, right?
Vanilla Keto Mug Cake Recipe
This mug cake recipe is not only a healthy option that those who are dieting will still be able to eat, but it is also a way for someone to enjoy the same comfort that others can get from other mug cakes without sacrificing their diet.
You’ll notice that the ingredients are keto-friendly, but the taste may make you feel like you’re having a cheat day:
- 3 tablespoons of almond flour
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking powder
- 3/4 tablespoon of Greek yogurt
- 3/4 tablespoon of butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sweetener
- 1 pinch of salt (If you use salted butter, you can skip this step)
This recipe is slightly different from the others, so stay with me.
- You’ll have to microwave your butter in the mug by itself for around 25-30 seconds, until the butter is hot and melted.
- You’ll add in the rest of your ingredients and make sure to mix the mixture well, ridding it of any lumps.
- Once your mixture is smooth and lump-free, microwave your mug for 60-70 seconds. The time that the cake microwaves for will vary depending on the strength of your microwave.
- As a rule of thumb, the kitchen is one place where an excess of something can be a bad thing. Start with a lower amount of time and if you need more, you can always put the mug back in the microwave.
- Once the mug cake is to your liking, take it out of the microwave and enjoy!
Matcha Mug Cake Recipe
For those that are looking for a healthier alternative, this mug cake is a great option.
Here’s what you’ll need for the recipe:
- 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 tablespoons of soy milk (this can be substituted for different plant milk if it appeals to you more)
Again, you will add all dry ingredients to the mug, make sure it is well-mixed, and then add in the final ingredients, mixing until it’s smooth. Afterward, you will only have to microwave your mug for one minute before your matcha mug cake is ready to eat!
Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping Mug Cake
This recipe will definitely make you appreciate the fact that you are able to shrink down a dessert to a single person serving as it brings all the comfort and warm feelings of a blueberry muffin!
Here’s what you’ll need for the muffin:
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1/16 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- 7 fresh blueberries
Here’s what you’ll need for the streusel topping:
- 1 tablespoon of cold unsalted butter (finely chopped)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
Now let's start:
- Whisk together all ingredients under the muffin section, except for the blueberries, into a microwave-safe mug.
- You’ll add the blueberries, but try to spread them out evenly.
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients that are needed for the streusel topping until the pieces of butter are entirely coated in the other ingredients. Sprinkle the streusel on top of the muffin batter in the mug, again, spreading it out evenly.
- Microwave for 1 minute and then allow the mug cake to sit for a few minutes to cool down before eating.
Making mug cakes requires a safe mug. Come and try Sweese Round Color Porcelain Mugs! It is microwave safe which is convenient for you to make mug cake. This modern mug would make a stylish addition to any kitchen, ideal as a birthday gift for the coffee lover in your life.
Shop link: Round Color Porcelain Mugs
Apply discount code CAKE15 to get 15% OFF for any items
You might also want to know...
Is mug cake safe?
Mug cake is safe being that your ingredients are getting cooked. The only risk is if your mug contains lead which can be dangerous.
Mug cakes can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours.
Can I make a mug cake in bowl?
Yes, if you’re looking to make more than a mug cake but still use the same recipe, you can double the recipe and make it in a microwave-safe bowl rather than a mug.
Why does my mug cake taste bitter?
Using too much baking soda or baking powder is one of the most frequent mistakes made by bakers. Be aware that using too much baking soda or baking powder may cause cakes to rise above their intended height, which can cause a major mess in the oven as well as a metallic, bitter taste.