Caption: Really? Lose weight from canned soup? Yes, its true! See how below..Yes! When you really think about it, soup is one the most perfect foods to have as part of a healthy diet. What else is going to be ready-made, heatable, and provide all the niacin your body craves??? Minestrone, chicken noodle, tomato, and chili are several soups amongst others like split pea and butternut squash that will help you feel full, trim your waistline, and help you steer clear of the french fries, pizza, and other calorie dense options you may currently enjoy. However convenient soup may be, its important that you avoid some soups that can be just as detrimental to your weight loss goals as anything on the McDonalds menu is. Some contain high-fat content and artificial additives that dont add to the taste or to your diet, while others contain way too much salt. So in this article were going to help you choose a few soups to regularly buy from the canned food aisle, help you understand why these soups are good for you, as well as how to revitalize some soups that may not taste as great straight from the can.
The 5 Canned Soups We Recommend That You Go Out & Buy
Caption: These soups and several others are what we think you should stock up on if you want to cut some pounds.
- Amys Organic Lentil Soup is one of the best soups you can possibly buy and its available at most grocery stores. All of the products from this company use BPA-free can linings and use no preservatives!
- For those of you looking to get your servings of vegetables in as easily as possible should check out the Hearty Chicken Soup from Healthy Choice. Plus it contains real white chicken meat in its ingredients!
- Amys Split Pea Soup is yet another we must mention because its so low in sodium yet it packs over 7 grams of protein. Its also certified by the American Heart Association, which is another factor anyone should look at when youre choosing the best foods to buy in a grocery store.
- Progressos 3 Bean Chili will probably be the best option for those looking to get a dose of beans and all the benefits that they provide.
- If you have Trader Joes where you live, you cant go wrong with their Minestrone soup, but this traditional soup is available in many places too. The reason we recommend that brand is because it contains a higher amount of vegetables, and thus vitamins and minerals than other brands seem to!
Why You Should Limit Your Sodium!
Caption: We may not need to say more than that, but we know several of you will want an explanation, which we have below...This ingredient is one youve probably heard a lot of talk about, but never really understood the concern (or at least we didnt while trying out of all these soups!). Of course, salt is used in a whole lot of our foods, and our body needs the sodium in it to perform many of its functions. However, too much of it can lead to a disruption in the way that nearly everything is operating. You see, more salt causes more water retention, which increases blood pressure as more water puts more strain on your blood vessels and other systems. Most reliable sources recommend that you limit your sodium intake to 2300 mg a day, and you can do this easily by choosing foods that hover around 140 mg per serving. Foods that are normally the highest in sodium include bread, chicken, sandwiches, cured meats, pizza, and soup..which is why were mentioning this information in here! Normal blood pressure is a key to healthy living so becoming conscious of your sodium intake will help out tremendously.
The Number 1 Rule Of Weight Loss (Plus Other Tips For Choosing Soup)
Caption: All the rules and advice of weight loss can get confusing and tedious, but this one rule can help make sense of it all, as well as help understand how soup figures into it.Most people think of diets and weight loss goals with a number of pounds in mind that theyd like to lose. So when youre choosing the soups you want to include, its good to find ones thatll help you reduce your calorie intake so you can meet the rule were about to explain. A common rule is that you need to burn 3000 calories or cut out that many in your diet, per week in order to lose a single pound. Thats a lot of soup thankfully, but it could be other foods or liquids that are contributing to any problems youre having losing weight. Many people will struggle to adjust to a lowered calorie intake, especially if theyre coming off a high-calorie diet. This however is why were harping on so much on soup! Because soup is rich in fiber (if you get the ones packed with veggies) and contains a high amount of water, its going to help you feel full and stay full. So use soup to help to reduce your calorie intake, and eat other foods thatll supplement the soup like a salad or a meat.